No Risk Guarantee
- We guarantee to make your child’s love of dance grow and blossom no matter when they start. Dancers are welcome to try the first class, free of charge, before making the year long commitment. (Trial classes are not offered for classes that are FULL.)
- The studio is not responsible for any lost or stolen articles. Please leave all valuables at home, which includes electronics.
- No refund will be given for weather cancellations as well as classes that fall on a Statutory Holiday. Refunds will also not be given for missed classes. All students are welcome to take a make up class in the same or lower level within a week of the missed class. Please see the front desk for appropriate make up classes for your dancer.
- A $20 fee will be applied to all NSF cheques. A 10% per week late fee will also be applied to any late payments, including costumes. Monthly fees will be taken out the 1st of the month.
- Spectators are not allowed in the studio and the use of the viewing cameras is left to the discretion of the studio owners and teachers.
- The Dance Class is not responsible for students before or after the allotted class times.
- Please notify the Studio in advance of any absences. Consistency is important for steady improvement. The class is a ‘team’ and especially when recital is imminent, all students MUST be committed so as not to miss out on any key information.
- Parents must make an appointment to speak with a teacher. Out of respect for the students waiting to begin their class, we ask parents and students not to approach the teacher between classes.
- All students age 5 and up will participate in our year end recital. Costume measurements will be taken in December. Once a costume is ordered (December 15th) the student will be responsible for the balance. If you are unable to participate in the recital, the Studio must be informed in writing by December 15th.
- Questions, concerns or comments can be made through email at email@example.com
- Students are advised to arrive 10 minutes prior to the start of their class and be picked up no later than 10 minutes after the end of their class. Pre-School and Level 1 students must be supervised before class and the parents should stay near by for the duration of the class. It is up to the teacher’s discretion if a child who arrives late can participate. The teachers and staff are not responsible for students before or after class. Older students should arrive with enough time to properly prepare themselves for the lesson.
- Students should arrive dressed according to Studio dress code with all necessary hair accessories and shoes. Hair is to be worn off the face or in a bun beginning at age 5. Students are expected to participate fully in each class to the best of their ability.
- A positive, safe, bully-free environment will be strictly enforced.
- Gum chewing is not permitted in any class. No food or drink is permitted in the dance studios whatsoever, other than bottled water.
- Enrolment is on a first-come, first-served basis. For full classes, a waiting list will be maintained to accommodate other students if and when space becomes available. Classes are limited in size and students are grouped according to age. Dancers may be moved based ability level only by recommendation of a TDC staff member. Classes begin in September and end in June. Registration ends in December of each year for all classes that participate in our Spring Recital. (ages 5 and up) Registration fee, costume deposits and payment plans are due at time of enrolment.
- A $40 registration fee is applied to each family at time of registration. This fee is non refundable.
- All cancellations must be given in writing, 2 weeks prior to the end of the month.
- Class cancellations will not be honored after April 1st.
- Registration fees and costume deposits are non-refundable.
- A $40 registration fee will be applied to each family upon time of registration. Non-refundable.
- A $50 costume deposit for each class (Levels 1 and up, excluding Adult Classes) is due at time of registration. Non-refundable.
- 3 Options for Payment: 1 instalment- 1 payment made on day of registration.
- or 2 instalments- 2 equal payments due September 1st and February 1st
- or Monthly- 10 equal payments due the 1st of each month.
Payments may be made by Cheque (Summers Dance Inc.) or pre-authorized Credit Card
LATE FEES AND RETURNED CHEQUES
- A $20.00 processing fee will be added for all returned cheques. The Studio reserves the right to discontinue a dancer’s classes for non-payment of tuition and fees when necessary.
- Past Due: Parents or students who allow their account to go into arrears may forfeit their place in class and will not be able to participate in the recital. If a circumstance should arise where a payment will not be made at an agreed time it is incumbent upon the client to inform The Dance Class immediately to make alternative arrangements. Tuition payments Past Due are subject to a penalty of 5% per month. Accounts failing to pay under the terms of our policies and registration contract without previous arrangements, will be subject to collections activities.
- The studio requires written notice to the front desk at least 2 weeks prior to the end of the month if you wish to discontinue classes. Classes may not be cancelled in May or June. Dancers who cancel after December 31st are liable for the remainder of the costume balance.
- Our studio requires all students to arrive at class regularly and on time. Please notify the front desk if you will be missing classes for an extended period due to illness or vacation. Tuition refunds will not be made in the case of absences due to illness or vacation.
WAIVER AND RELEASE
I agree that if my dependent or I engage in any physical exercise, class, or activity on the premises or any venue where we participate as representatives of The Dance Class, we do so at our own risk. We agree that we are voluntarily participating in activities and use of said facilities, premises (including the parking lot) and designated The Dance Class venues. We assume all risk of injury, illness, damage, or loss to us or our property that might result, including, without limitation, any loss or theft of any personal property. We agree that this consent and assumption of risk statement covers each and every event or activity sponsored by The Dance Class. We agree to release and discharge you, namely, Summers Dance Inc. and your affiliates and related parties and their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, instructors, insurers, shareholders, owners, and operators from any and all liability and any and all claims, demands and causes of action of any kind whatsoever that we may have arising out of our participation in a program or related activity, including as a result of negligence. We acknowledge that we have carefully read this Waiver and Release and fully understand that it is a release of liability. We are waiving any right that we may have to bring legal action to assert a claim against you for your negligence.
I agree that my dependent or I (referred to as “we”) give my permission for a member of Summers Dance Inc. to take myself or my child to a medical/dental facility, if necessary. In case of emergency, if none of the above can be contacted, we hereby give our consent for emergency medical care prescribed by a duly licensed Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Dentistry. This care may be given under whatever conditions are necessary to preserve the life, limb or well-being of my dependent. We hereby accept full responsibility for all costs of said medical care and any emergency treatments. Summers Dance Inc. will not be responsible for the cost of any medical care or emergency treatments. We hereby waive all claims whatsoever in connection with such medical treatments.
REGISTRATION: At time of registration, a $40 registration fee is due per family (same billing address.) A $50 costume deposit (non-refundable) is taken per child, per class for dancers age 5 and up as they will appear in our June recital. The Dance Class holds the right to cancel or reschedule any class with less than 5 children registered by October 1st. The Dance Class must receive a written statement if you wish to cancel a class. This must be received two weeks prior to the end of the month. Any tuition not received within 10 days of the first of the month is subject to a 10% late fee.