Our Goal is to provide a positive and creative learning environment while educating and nurturing young artists.
VISION AND MISSION
Directors Ashley Summers-Macdonald and Kelly Summers-Welch are out to change the way Milton moves! Our goal is to provide a positive and creative learning environment while educating and nurturing young artists. For us, it’s not just about making our classes fun, but also giving our dancers a solid foundation in a broad spectrum of dance styles. To learn more about us, have a look around the site, give us a call or stop by the Studio. The Dance Class currently welcomes dancers from Milton, Georgetown, Cambridge, Rockwood, Acton, Guelph, Oakville, Burlington, Mississauga and beyond!
We offer classes for ages 2 and up in ballet, jazz, tap, acro, hip hop, pointe, lyrical, modern and musical theatre. We offer daytime, evening and weekend options. Since it’s never too late to fall in love with dance, our adult dance classes offer a great way to stay in shape!
The Dance Class has a strong ballet background that follows the Cecchetti Method of Ballet. Dancers can train at a variety of levels and select students will be asked to enter ballet exams in the spring/summer. Please contact the Studio for more information on our Intensive Ballet program or to book an assessment.
No matter what level of dancer they are, our staff aims to help each student reach their fullest potential. Members of our teaching staff hold certifications with:
- The Cecchetti Society of Canada
- The Royal Academy of Dance (R.A.D.)
- Acrobatic Arts
- Alexia Flexibility Stretching Certificate
- Canadian Dance Teacher’s Association
- Dance Educators of America
- Dance Master’s of America
- British Association of Teachers of Dance
- Performing Arts Educators of Canada (P.A.E.C)
- Diplomas from Canada’s National Ballet School
- Performance Degrees from Ryerson University
- PhD in Dance Studies at York University
- Randolph Academy of Performing Arts
Several of The Dance Class’ staff are still actively performing in the dance community and can offer students real insight into the dance industry. Our teachers continue to stay current by attending workshops, adjudicating Competitions and teaching courses throughout the year, these include :
- Baton Arts
- Associated Dance Arts for Professional Teachers
- Aerial Arts – Hoop theory
- SugarFoot Therapy
- Broadway Dance Center NY Choreography Course
- AcroDance PreSchool
- AcroDance Adjudicator
- Professional Adjudicator Alliance