The Dance Class Competitive Company
Our Company program is more than just a Competitive team, it is also a Company created to give back to the community through performances and special events, while instilling the importance of personal growth versus just receiving trophies!
Students will participate in 3 or 4 Competitions as well as local community events including Milton Culture Days, Local Fairs and Fundraising Events, The Nutcracker Holiday Spectacular and The Santa Claus Parade to name a few!
We offer two levels of Company each season. Our goal is to provide various levels of training to our students with the same commitment to offering extra performance opportunities to our dancers. Please see a detailed break down of requirements for each level below.
What is the audition process? Dancers can attend our open audition in the Spring or schedule a private audition in the Spring/Summer. Once they have been invited into the Competitive program, all dancers MUST attend one of our Intensive Camps (based on age and ability) as the final stage of the audition. Dancers will be evaluated for additional groups, duet/trios and solos at this camp.
What is the time requirement? Part time dancers are looking at a 2-3 day commitment and full time dancers will train 3-5 days a week based on how many classes the dancer chooses to participate in.
How many classes does my dancer have to take each week? All dancers must take at least one class in ballet, jazz and tap. Why? Ballet is the foundation of all dance forms and teaches posture, control and transitions. Tap helps with rhythm, musicality and fine motor skills and jazz helps with style, flexibility and co-ordination.
Can my dancer just compete in Tap, Hip Hop, or Acro? All dancers must compete in 1 jazz routine in order to participate in the TDC company. After that, dancers may be invited into tap, acro, hip hop, ballet, musical theatre, lyrical and/or contemporary groups.
Please email the studio at email@example.com to set up your audition for the 2018/2019 season.
Successful dancers will be required to attend 1 week of TDC Summer Intensive.
There is no audition charge for all current TDC dancers.
Audition fee for students not currently registered at TDC – $25.00.
Private auditions available for $45.00
This program is for dancers who want to be a member of the Competitive team with commiting to full-time hours. Dancers in this program must train between 3 and 5 hours a week plus choreography time. Members must take Jazz, Tap and Ballet plus at least one other discipline. (hip-hop, acro, musical theatre, modern, or additional ballet classes.)
- Train 3-6 hours a week
- Must train in ballet, tap and jazz (1 class in each style, per week)
- Dancers compete in a Jazz routine for Competition
- Dancers may choose to train in 1 or 2 additional styles: acro, lyrical, hip hop, modern, etc.
- Dancers may be offered an additional group, duet or trio to compete in, based on invitation.
- Dancers will not dance more than 6 hours a week
- Monthly fees range from $140-200 per month for classes, based on total hours of training
- Additional fees for costumes, entrance fees and choreography (for additional group, duet or trio)
- Dancers must be available to attend our Summer Dance Intensive in August.
Full Time Company
This program is for dancers who want to train at a more intense level. Dancers must train 6+ hours a week (depending on level) plus choreography time. Two or Three Ballet classes, Jazz, Lyrical and Tap are mandatory, with the option to take the following: Hip Hop, Acro, Musical Theatre or Modern. Dancers selected to train for exams must participate in a third Ballet and Pointe Class. Most dancers in this stream participate in a minimum of 4 group dances plus additional choreography.
- Train 6+ hours a week
- Must train in 2-3 ballet classes, tap class and jazz class (per week)
- Dancers compete in a Company Line, Jazz and Tap routine for Competition (lyrical required for Intermediate levels and up)
- Dancers may choose to train or compete in additional styles: acro, lyrical, contemporary, hip hop, modern, musical theatre etc.
- Dancers may be offered additional groups, duets, trios or solos to compete in, based on invitation.
- Monthly fees range from $200 + per month for classes, based on total hours of training
- Dancers may be selected to participate in the exam ballet program (based on invitation)
- Additional fees for costumes, entrance fees and choreography (for additional groups, duets, trios and/or solos)
- Dancers must be available to attend our Summer Dance Intensive
Past Performances have included:
- Culture Days 2018
- 5th Annual Mayors Gala- Milton Centre for the Arts- January 2017
- Culture Days 2017
- Talk About Talent 2017
- Milton Street Festival Opening Ceremony 2017
- Culture Days 2016
- Acton Fall Fair 2016
- Relay for Life Opening Ceremonies 2016
- Milton District Hospital Fundraiser 2016
- 4th Annual Mayors Gala- Milton Centre for the Arts- January 2016
- Milton Santa Claus Parade 2015
- 3rd Annual Mayors Gala- Milton Centre for the Arts- January 2015
- Milton Stags Season Opener- November 2014
- Milton Sanata Claus Parade 2014
- Milton Culture Days- Opening Ceremonies and “Once Upon a Time…” September 2014
- Pan Am 1 Year count Down- July 2014
- Campellville’s 100th Anniversary- June 2014
- Milton Strawberry Festival- June 2014
- Rotary Club of Milton- Diamonds and Denim Fundraiser- April 2014
- Raptors Pre-Game Show- April 2014
- Milton Stags Season Opener- November 2013
- The Santa Claus Parade – November 2013
- Tiger Cats Half Time Show- September 2013
- Milton Culture Days- September 2013
- P.L. Robertson Fall Fair- September 2013
- Autism Awareness Fundraiser – May 2013
- The Santa Claus Parade- November 2012
- Milton Stags Season Opener- November 2012
- Milton Culture Days- September 2012
Please email the school for more details or to register for an audition.